- Inn Rocio, set on a hill overlooking Burnham Park, has been in operation for nearly 30 years and is known for its leisurely and comfortable ambience. Its restaurant features wide picture windows that open to a refreshing vista of a rose garden and the nearby woods. The living room and fireplace in the restaurant adds to the cozy and homey atmosphere. WIFI, cable TV and hot/cold showers are available 24 hours, 7 days a week. Inn capacity is for 50-60 people. (www.iinrociobaguio.com)
- Chaya is a bed and breakfast with very comfortable rooms. Well known among Baguio’s Japanese community for its restaurant that serves authentic Japanese food. The restaurant and rooms are beautifully decorated and provide a homey feel. The bedrooms are spacious with big windows that provide a great view of the garden, where guests can unwind. WIFI, cable TV and hot/cold showers are available 24 hours. 7 days a week. Chaya is located in a quiet part of Baguio, about 5 to 10 minutes drive from the city center (www.chayabaguio.com)
- 3. Green Valley Hotel and Resort is located on a 5 hectare land within a private subdivision on a plateau just across Mt. Sto. Tomas. It can be reached in 5 minutes by car from Marcos Highway-Sto. Tomas junction and about 10-15 minutes from the heart of the city of Baguio.
The Resort offers its guests 68 single rooms, 4 Junior Suites, 6 units of 2 to 3 bedroom apartelles, spacious dining areas, cafes, lounges, gift shops and a view deck.
The sports facilities consist of a 6-lane tenpin and 6 lanes duckpin bowling area, badminton court, volleyball court, indoor tennis court and swimming pool. It also has a billiard hall, table tennis area, air hockey tables and a video arcade. The hotel has spacious function rooms for conventions, conferences and seminars. (http://greenvalleybaguio.com)
B. Home Stays:
Home stays are recommended for students who are on a budget and prefer to live with an English speaking family. Of course, the students will be provided their own rooms and Viavox will make sure that the lodgings are up to standard.
C. About Baguio:
Baguio is rated one of the safest, cleanest and greenest cities in the Philippines. Nestled in the mountains and surrounded by pine trees, it has earned for itself the names like, ‘The ‘Summer Capital of the Philippines’ and ‘The City of Pines.
Baguio has a rich cultural heritage, embracing the traditions and customs of the Northern Philippines. Woodcarving, weaving and farming from the igorots, the original settlers of Baguio are but some of the reasons that make the city unique and fascinating.
Baguio is known for its temperate climate all year round. The temperature ranges from about 17 degrees Celsius (from December to February) to 25 degrees Celsius (from March to June). Baguio, just like the rest of the country has only two seasons, the rainy season (from May to November) and the dry season (from December to April).
Baguio is quickly becoming well known internationally for both tourists and investors, attracting many foreign investors and students from all over the world. Many foreigners now call Baguio their home and have even established their own support organizations to help their fellow countrymen.
Baguio is located 6 hours North of Manila and is close to the Banaue Rice Terraces, which has been nominated as one of the 7 wonders of the world. Also close by are the mountain provinces of Sagada and Bontoc, both known for their beautiful caves and waterfalls. Natural hot springs abound and they are less than an hour’s drive away. Beaches are also very easy to get to, just an hour’s drive away. Travel to these places can be arranged when in Baguio.
1. Activities that can be arranged when in Baguio:
- Banaue / Sagada cultural tour
- Baguio tour
- Vigan heritage tour – old Spanish village
- La Union adventure tour – outdoor sports, surfing, scuba diving
- Other activities within Baguio
- a. Football
- b. Golf
- c. Tennis
- d. Football
- e. Picnics
- f. Horseback riding
- g. Bowling
- h. Billiards
- i. Swimming
- j. Night life
D. How to get to Baguio:
FROM MANILA, take a taxi to Victory Liner Station in Pasay. Buses leave for Baguio every hour. The regular air-conditioned buses cost about P500 per person and the deluxe buses cost about P750. The trip to Baguio should take about 6 hours. Private transfers to and from Baguio can also be arranged upon request.